where'd you go?
We get questions. I. The Royal We, you know, the Editorial. Lately, the one most often asked is a variation on the following:
"I haven't seen you up here [on the Third Floor] lately. Where you been, man?"
For the unacquainted, the Third Floor is law school shorthand for the offices of the Texas Tech Law Review. It's where I've been doing most of my work, writing and editing for the better part of the last two years. Just a few minutes of observation by any outsider confirms what one probably already suspects: The Third Floor is the nexus of nerdery, ground zero for jokes about colons of the grammatical variety.
It's not that I don't love nerd culture. I'm the very person who just two days ago seriously considered flushing $19.99 away for a 4'X6' poster of NCC-1701-A, complete with cutaway artwork of its inner workings. Perhaps a different sort of nerdery than can be witnessed on the Third Floor, but nerdery nonetheless.
The Editorial doesn't know how to respond to the question, really. Certain things have come to light, perhaps. Closer to graduation. Mission Trip. New Lady Friend. All of them excuses. I love my friends and my work, I just haven't had a reason to sit up there and bother everyone lately.
So for the duration of the school year, I have but one, simple request. Nobody ask me where I've been. Unless you're talking about 9:30.
"I haven't seen you up here [on the Third Floor] lately. Where you been, man?"
For the unacquainted, the Third Floor is law school shorthand for the offices of the Texas Tech Law Review. It's where I've been doing most of my work, writing and editing for the better part of the last two years. Just a few minutes of observation by any outsider confirms what one probably already suspects: The Third Floor is the nexus of nerdery, ground zero for jokes about colons of the grammatical variety.
It's not that I don't love nerd culture. I'm the very person who just two days ago seriously considered flushing $19.99 away for a 4'X6' poster of NCC-1701-A, complete with cutaway artwork of its inner workings. Perhaps a different sort of nerdery than can be witnessed on the Third Floor, but nerdery nonetheless.
The Editorial doesn't know how to respond to the question, really. Certain things have come to light, perhaps. Closer to graduation. Mission Trip. New Lady Friend. All of them excuses. I love my friends and my work, I just haven't had a reason to sit up there and bother everyone lately.
So for the duration of the school year, I have but one, simple request. Nobody ask me where I've been. Unless you're talking about 9:30.

<< Home