spring break
Grass fires have a funny way of generating headlines. Especially when they burn over 700,000 acres.
When I walked out the door yesterday morning for a little jog, I made the mistake of wearing a hat. It got blown off three times before I walked back upstairs and threw it on the floor. The wind was that bad. Bad even for the Panhandle. And at that moment, no kidding, I thought to myself: "A grass fire could really do some damage today."
Little did I know that about three or four counties would get completely burned up later that day...
I got lucky though. The only inconvenience it generated for me was the cancellation of a bill of review hearing this morning. That wasn't really an inconvenience in the first place, though, considering I didn't really want to do the hearing anyway.
Nevertheless, the only thought that has been going through my head all day is this - instead of going to Vail with my friends or going to SoCal on Mission Trip, I'm stuck dodging grass fires and excessive discovery requests from over-zealous opposing counsel.
When I walked out the door yesterday morning for a little jog, I made the mistake of wearing a hat. It got blown off three times before I walked back upstairs and threw it on the floor. The wind was that bad. Bad even for the Panhandle. And at that moment, no kidding, I thought to myself: "A grass fire could really do some damage today."
Little did I know that about three or four counties would get completely burned up later that day...
I got lucky though. The only inconvenience it generated for me was the cancellation of a bill of review hearing this morning. That wasn't really an inconvenience in the first place, though, considering I didn't really want to do the hearing anyway.
Nevertheless, the only thought that has been going through my head all day is this - instead of going to Vail with my friends or going to SoCal on Mission Trip, I'm stuck dodging grass fires and excessive discovery requests from over-zealous opposing counsel.

<< Home