Monday, April 11, 2005

off to a running start

Due to equal parts nagging back injury and nagging attitude of laziness, I haven't been able to run regularly for many months now. Yet the runner mentality remains ingrained, except for the fact that I have begun committing the cardinal sin in the sport of running: I wear my running shoes as my daily footwear now. Shocker, I know, but otherwise the ol' custom-orthotic fitted nb587 duo will gather dust.

And of course people now think I'm a poser. I always was, really, but at least I wasn't flaunting it before.

That said, today marks the first twenty-four hour period in which nobody can call me a poser ever again, at least not in the most important race I'm running. A mere 13 years after getting saved, and a mere 29 days after getting baptised at Huntington Beach, I officially became a member of First Baptist Church yesterday.

So I'm lacing up and heading out the door. It's the one race I can't lose...