Saturday, October 08, 2005

hey hey what can i do?

Let's just set the record straight -- I categorically deny that I have a gambling problem.

I also have better hair than Pete Rose, proof that the two traits might somehow be intertwined.

Questionable coiffure decisions aside, the autumn brings with it college football, which brings with it a few bets between friends, which in turn bring some "friendly" phone calls from said friends. Around Texas, that progression makes a pretty safe parlay on Saturdays. I recieved the following phone calls today...

7:14 am: Her Honor. Not football related, but it got me up for SportsCenter. Something about gum or taffy or somesuch. Huh. I'll call her back after coffee.

8:53 am: DaniSimm. We bet a green fee at The Cliffs on Wisconsin v. Northwestern. I took Wisconsin.

9:58 am: Bro making sure I was up for GameDay on ESPN. Man that dude's weird.

11:41 am: The Man wanting to know where the heck I am. When your boss invites you over for the game, you go. He's a Sooner, so we bet a couple cigars. I got the better of that one.

2:56 pm: DaniSimm again. I lost that stupid Wisconsin game. That's two years in a row.

3:52 pm: LLam. Happy about the tsips winning and even more happy about taking money from me on the Kansas/Kansas State game.

4:54 pm: KaEl. Also happy about the tsips winning. Only person besides mom who called me today that I don't owe money to, meaning that she's also the only one I won't be ducking calls from for the next two weeks.

6:17 pm: BigDog. I still owe him from last week, so I didn't answer. Besides, I'm watching A&M right now.

6:19 pm: I didn't pick up the first time. Sheesh.

7:02 pm: TheAggie. We're already losing.

7:37 pm until next Saturday: Everyone I know. Thanks, I already know A&M sucks.

I got a little woman and she won't be true.