Monday, November 07, 2005

questionable is the proposition that mint chocolate makes God smile

Mint and chocolate are an abomination together, despite the machinations of those who would endorse the illicit marriage that has produced the hated After Eight Mint. I plan on lobbying our legislature to put a constitutional amendment on the ballot that prevents the legal recognition of this unholiest of marriages.*

The mint/chocolate marriage issue is just as important to our everyday lives as Texas Proposition 2, to be voted on tomorrow. Irony intended.**

I'd also like something on the ballot that bans the Yoplait commercials with the melodramatic women sitting around in their bathrobes talking about how life-changing the stuff is. Come on, ladies, its just yogurt.
_________________________

*Reader of Blog may disagree with me on the merits of my stance on the mint/chocolate marriage issue. But you're never going to get me to eat anything that contains both. You, however, may eat until your heart's content.

**No matter where you stand, morally or otherwise, on this issue, as a family lawyer and a Texas native I would argue that the amendment is poorly written, a political ploy, and of questionable legal relevance. And even if I'm wrong on that, why does Texas need an amendment if such a union is already illegal and the Texas courts have not said otherwise?