Wednesday, October 26, 2005

once in a blue moon...

There comes a time in every man's life, and for me that apparently is every five months, when it's time to get serious. Beware, a serious post follows. If you're reading this and you're lucky enough to be at a point in your life where you're deciding what career path you want, listen up and listen well: Go into a career where you'll be genuinely improving people's lives.

This afternoon, I received my first call ever from a real live client. Turns out she really needed legal advice, and she was distraught. I gave her the requisite assurances and told her what I could do for her. I then followed through and did what I said I would do. I cut red tape, it's what lawyers do, of course. I called her back, and in her voice I could actually hear tangible relief. To top it off, she said thank you.

I confirmed today that I picked the right profession
.