Monday, December 19, 2005

you serious clark?

Santa Claus exists, and the proof is in the pudding. That is, if you consider grimy road slush as something akin to pudding.

Winter weather made it's way into town this weekend. Thankfully, I wasn't here. But I had to come back, and the picture wasn't pretty. As I stepped off the plane and walked out to Revel Blue, I slipped on some ice. Emoticon.

Anyway, said weather is of course the surest sign that Christmas is near, and at the firm Christmas party, Santa Claus did show up. Sort of. It was actually the Swedish Mr. and Mrs. Claus that made their appearance. I didn't really get the bit, but whatever. I at least avoided saying, at least not in anything more than a hushed tone, that he wasn't the real Santa.

I hate disappointing children.

But, the real Santa did show up today, in the form of roads that dictated showing up to the office late and leaving early. There's nothing like working from home. Where else could I bill hours in my pajamas? Tis' the season...and I'll do it tomorrow.