Friday, December 09, 2005

i sure hope santa ana is in orange county

Disregarding excessive daydreaming and trips to the coffee room, I worked harder this week than I have since the week before the bar exam.

I doubt I need to paint any further picture for you to get the idea...

Yesterday, I took my first deposition. Clearly I won't know until after trial, but I'm pretty sure I didn't screw that up. So I got that going for me.

Today, I handled my first mediation. I have no idea if the result was a screw-up or not. But, as MJW told me on the phone tonight, "you can never lose a mediation."

I may be in the Panhandle of Texas right now, but the reaches of my three-week-old litigation practice have proven far reaching already. Since 7:00 am this morning, I have handled matters out of Houston; Plano; Denton; Lubbock; Washington, D.C.; and Santa Ana, California. And of course, good old Amarillo. And let's not forget the booming metropolis of Plainview.

Not that I'm a big shot. I just do what I'm told, and I happen to work for big shots.

The California thing is making me a little apprehensive. If anyone can confirm that Santa Ana is in Orange, that would go a long way toward ensuring I didn't mess up an affidavit. Thanks.