Sunday, April 24, 2005

am i supposed to smell like him too?


Ike has a pretty sweet gig going these days. Although purportedly from hunting stock, he has found new employment outside the Vizsla Family business. His new job, according to Yahoo!, is relationship doctor.

Not that I'm looking for relationship advice. He hasn't placed an ad in the paper or anything like that. I only found out about his new line of work because I stubbornly continue to set my browser hompage to Yahoo!, where the following article caught my eye: Dating Advice from Man's Best Friend.

Over the course of Ike's 4 1/2 years under my stewarship, I've found him to be eminently trainable, bright, and happy. Such are the hallmarks of the vizsla breed. He's also an extremely friendly, fun, sweet, expressive and spontaneous dog. Good-looking, too. So I figure that were he actually a human dude, the ladies would be all over him. Assuming he could lose the dog smell.

Still, I don't think he's cut out for his new line of work. Here's just a few pearls of wisdom:
The Irish Setter-man is very sociable and good-natured; perhaps that's why he can be often found at the pub with his buddies. On your first date, suggest an Irish pub that serves authentic dishes such as shepherd’s pie, fish and chips and beef stew. If you get serious with Mr. Irish Setter man, you can expect him to be loyal, affectionate and a family man.
What about Mr. Irish Setter man's propensity to chew on your shoes, hmm?
Mr. Rottweiler can't help but become overly protective when he senses his loved ones are in danger.
That's great. Like to be protected, and also to have slobber on your new Ethan Allen sofa constantly? Then you don't need Mr. Right. You need Mr. Rottweiler.
A Mutt man changes his moods at the drop of a hat, as he possesses the numerous personality traits of his various ancestors!
He's also really smart, but ugly.
Mr. Golden Retriever is not above going through your closets and personal belongings when you're not aware.
Not only that, he'll be prone to hip displaysia. Have your man checked out by a veterinarian before walking down the aisle.