Monday, November 28, 2005

and your bird can sing

Tell me that you've got everything you want -- John Lennon

I tend to specialize in revisionist history, but this time, there's no need. Thanksgiving positively rocked. I've got a lot to be thankful for, not the least of which is that I've finally got a chance to sit down and tell you, faithful reader of blog, about all of it. I am thankful for the following things:

(1) Uncle Earl's pointless speeches;

(2) Corbin Pinstripes with Black Cole Haans and my bright red tie;

(3) Southwest Airlines only being an hour and a half late last night. Hey, I got home...

(4) Friendly waiters at the Sweetwater Cafe;

(5) Paciugo Black Cherry ice cream, at least if not mixed with mint chocolate;

(6) Texas A&M finally showing up to play this season (even though they lost);

(7) Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

There's much more, but that's just the superficial stuff. The really good stuff I just have to keep to myself.

As a side note, tomorrow I get to try a case. Sure, It's a bench trial, and the other side isn't going to show up probably. But I'll still have to, like, mark exhibits and present evidence and junk. So there. I guess I'm thankful that my first trial will be stress free...