what on earth are you blabbering about?!
I hope the bar examiners like movies.
This afternoon, as I worked Texas Procedure questions, the following question appeared:
We-Haul did not disclose trial witness Jones during discovery because We-Haul could not ascertain Jones' whereabouts and did not expect to be able to call Jones as a witness. Four days before trial, We-Haul discovered Jones' whereabouts, but did not notify the opposing party. May We-Haul call Jones as a witness during trial?
I answered the question thusly:
This afternoon, as I worked Texas Procedure questions, the following question appeared:
We-Haul did not disclose trial witness Jones during discovery because We-Haul could not ascertain Jones' whereabouts and did not expect to be able to call Jones as a witness. Four days before trial, We-Haul discovered Jones' whereabouts, but did not notify the opposing party. May We-Haul call Jones as a witness during trial?
I answered the question thusly:
No, because if new s*#t has come to light, We-Haul has a duty to supplement their response to the earlier Request for Disclosure.
I didn't even realize what I had done until much later when I reviewed my answers. I hope I don't do that on the real Bar Exam.
Take 'er easy...

<< Home